It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 03:17

Fishing at Lytham

Sea fishing Venue guides and information for where to fish around the UK. Uk sea fishing marks.

Fishing at Lytham

Postby Kitson1980 » 28 Jan 2018, 10:42

I'm thinking of fishing Lytham somewhere near the boating lake tonight.

Did a drive by this morning after high tide and noticed a bit of a walk to get to waters edge but just wondered if I should be looking out for anything in particular like areas of sinking mud/sand etc and am I likely to catch or is it a spring summer mark?

Any advice greatly appreciated :victory:
Trainee Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Fishing at Lytham

Postby Padraigan » 11 Mar 2019, 12:35

Hi
Used to fish this same spot years ago. Low water up best time for flounders. Lug for bait. Don't be too enthusiastic with casting. Distance does NOT mean more fish, in fact I've seen a lot of success with guys just lobbing out using a boat rod with the action of a broom handle! Long walk to reach water's edge and have dug for worms as I go. Never experienced any probs with regard sinking into mud. Used to be pretty popular with anglers - don't know about now. Hope that helps.
Trainee Addict

Re: Fishing at Lytham

Postby liphook » 11 Mar 2019, 13:44

To split hairs if your fishing near Fairhaven lake then your not in Lytham :whistle: Little or no bad mud to speak of north of Church Scar excepting the obvious gutters that enter the river. Gets a bit claggy and ovet ankle depth once you get north of the lake in the region of the pumping station, particularly in the area of the spartina grass around the 'concrete mushroom' (pipe access hatch, connected to the pumping station). Parking is slightly restricted now with the sea wall work underway. Have you reccied it recently?
Hardcore Addict

Return to Where to Sea Fish