It is currently 09 Apr 2020, 21:08

First Voyage

Discussion board for any boating related items from Boat maintenance to fishing techniques for anglers afloat.

First Voyage

Postby Sol » 20 Mar 2015, 22:18

Finally got the chance today to take the boat out for the first time. The day started off badly as my C-MAP card failed to work. So off to the Marina to see what was up with it. One and a half hours later I binned the C-MAP card and come home with a Navionics full uk card. You only live once and I won't be leaving it to the kids. :thumb:
The wife and I shot off to the compound at Bridlington a 25 minute run took 45. Every caravan in the uk must have descended on East Yorkshire.
We got the boat ready hoping not to forget anything. It's been six months since I went through the routine. Got on a tractor and thought how the f**k does this thing work. After pressing every knob and pulling every leaver it struck up. These are old tractors and no power steering.
We hooked the boat up, safety chains on bung in engine lifted trailer tilted and off we went down the ramp. It's a bit daunting as the ramp must be a 1 in 3 and I've not done it since last summer.
The launch went smoothly with one reverse and straight in the water. Took the tractor back locked the compound up and off we went.
image.jpg

We had a good couple of hours until the wind started to pick. Was well pleased with the engine and my new combo unit. Far better than my old Standard Horizon. Just need to put all my wrecks and marks in. Long job as there are 760 of them. :sos:
We took the boat back in with no problem a good wash down and back in the engine housing.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Attachments
image.jpg
Trainee Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: First Voyage

Postby rob f » 20 Mar 2015, 22:48

NICE BOAT MATE :thumb:
2020 SPECIES HUNT
Whiting. Thornback ray. Cod. Dab.
mersey maestro

Postby grandadruss » 20 Mar 2015, 22:59

Well done on a first and safe voyage Sol,bit worried when I saw the boat upside down then realised it was your'
photo posting skills at fault and not your sailing ability :lmao:
Nice post mate and a beautiful boat pal :gp:
Species hunt 2016 Saltwater -
Species hunt 2016 Freshwater-Perch-Roach-Bream-Common Carp-Tench-Rudd-Gudgeon
King of Rossall

Postby Sol » 21 Mar 2015, 08:26

Sorry Grandadruss I thought all the photos were the right way up. I will improve. Can't wait to get out and have a session fishing while all these cod are about.
Trainee Addict

Postby grandadruss » 21 Mar 2015, 12:34

Sol wrote:Sorry Grandadruss I thought all the photos were the right way up. I will improve. Can't wait to get out and have a session fishing while all these cod are about.

Ha,easily done Sol :lmao:
It's an art to be mastered,getting all the pics the right size,in the right order and the right way up :thumb:
I knew the boat was upside down but's it as far as my boat knowledge goes...apart from knowing the pointy bits the front :lmao:
Species hunt 2016 Saltwater -
Species hunt 2016 Freshwater-Perch-Roach-Bream-Common Carp-Tench-Rudd-Gudgeon
King of Rossall

Postby Paul » 23 Mar 2015, 10:25

Nice one Solly :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: See you have sorted the engine bay you were talking about. Hopefully next time they will leave yours alone and go for an easier target. Harse one when its your mates boats but thats the reality of it!!!

What GPS do you need to take your waypoints off???

I had all mine off an old garmin unit and used a converter to turn them into Lowrance waypoints and they just went straight on in about 5 minutes!! Probably a couple of hundred waypoints....
Solar powered fisherman

Postby Sol » 25 Mar 2015, 10:13

Hi Paul
Mine are on a C-MAP c card that I was using on a standard horizon and I want to put them onto my Lowrance. The problem is getting the data off the c card then getting the correct type of format for the Lowrance to read. I have spoken to a guy at our Marina in Hull and he is going to try to convert them for me as I go back offshore for three weeks today so I've run out of time.
I could just manually enter them but there's about 760 of them which would take days to do.
The security for the boat is pretty good but like you have said if they want it they will get it. It may just make them move onto the next boat. Awful to say but that's how it is. When I got all the padlocks etc in place I thought it would take ages to get the boat ready to take out, but it probably adds another 5 minutes on which is nothing. After several times of doing it. It's no hassle at all.
Trainee Addict

Postby Paul » 25 Mar 2015, 22:55

There will be a way mate i am sure. Like i say, i found a convertor and it took literally a couple of minutes to do and they were all there.

That was Garmin to lowrance though....can't find the program i used now either
Solar powered fisherman

Postby Sol » 26 Mar 2015, 00:08

I will have a look while I'm away for the next three weeks. Like you say there must be something in the market place for converting files. I'm surprised that Garmin Lowrance etc don't make some sort of conversion programme readily available.
Trainee Addict

Return to Boat Fishing Information