It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:08

First day in the Dominican

Forum for plugging and spinning discussion. Using poppers, plugs, spinners and shads to catch Bass Pollack Cod and all other saltwater predators.

Re: First day in the Dominican

Postby Fishman » 30 May 2011, 22:21

Well one more full day after this to catch the big one, went down to the workers dock again today and caught another load of the silver and yellow tailed one's the local lad said they are called something like stravalier so I will look that up did catch another personal best though a very nice Garfish, biggest I have seen to be honest.

Also I have now feed the Security guards family yet again for about 3 days running so thought you might want to see the greedy so and so, about 30 fish and a garfish as well. And yes that is a shotgun on his back

He has told me that at around 7 in the morning the Wahoo turn up to feed on the fry, he said every morning to why the hell he didn't say eairlier I don't know, anyway it's been a dream to catch a Wahoo for a long time so 12lb test and a fly rod should be a good test. :fish:

Also caught a Pelican, I cast and it flew straight into it, managed to pull it in and the hook fell off then so no harm done :thumb:

Heres to tomorrow and the chance of a dream coming true wahoooooooooooo, wow too much rum and coke lol :yeah2:
If it's worth Catching it's worth Eating
Almost an Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Postby TerryG » 30 May 2011, 22:30

Nice pelican and good luck with the wahoo :gp: :gp: :thumb: :thumb:
Terry 9T's

Postby Rushy » 30 May 2011, 22:33

Go easy on the rum & coke tonight so you don't sleep through your alarm! :lol:
Yet more superb pictures, as I'm sat here with the central heating on in near as dammit JUNE!!! :cold:

I wouldn't take a chance with that guard, he's got a dodgy look about him :lmao: give him all your fish!!! :love: they always look big & hard with a gun strapped to their back! :lol: :lol: nice gesture by you to give him your catch though :thumb:

Looking forward to seeing you with a Wahoo tomorrow......YAHOO!!! :yeah2:
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Postby smokin » 31 May 2011, 00:04

good luck on the wahooooooo :blink: :blink: :blink: - -sorry must have a cold coming on.. its this bloody weather over here - if i were you id book another week!!!

enjoying your daily reports :thumb:

does he stand next to you while you fish??? - that would bugger my casting right up that - - and i thought the 'interested ones' who bore... i mean ask inuisitive questions while i fish the prom at cleveleys were bad enough!!
Sh1t Happens

Postby Paul » 31 May 2011, 00:08

Looking forward to tomorrows installment mate :clap: :clap: :clap:

On the pelican front i don't think you can claim that one as you didn't land it ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Solar powered fisherman

Postby Fishman » 01 Jun 2011, 15:11

Ok couldn't get on the forum yesterday so heres today and Yesterdays installment as we fly home later today :doh:

Started early yesterday in hope of a Wahoo but had no luck on that front but did do well with the other fish.

Even the guard got in on the act with a hand line

After some Missus time and a drink or 7 I decided to go back in the afternoon caught lots of the silver and yellow fish then my Fly rod started arching and the reel started peeling line off which resulted in this little fighter, and whats going on with my hair :nonono:

I am assured it's a member of the Tuna family and didn't it fight and yes you guessed it, all the locals where there for the boat home, :clap2: :clap2: :bleh:

Now the sad part for me, Went this morning about 2 hours ago and was casting and casting and then it happened A FISH THE SIZE OF A BIG DOG shot completely out of the water with my lure firmly in it's mouth, If I had to guess 40-50lb probably bigger and then it took off in what can only be explained as a rocket I couldn't stop it on my gear and it snapped off I SWORE AND SWORE AND SWORE AND THE GUARD IN BROKEN ENGLISH SAYS HEY GRANDO FISH, NEVER!!!!!!!! :dummy: :dummy: :dummy:
I think it was a Dorado, almost positive
Well this is the end of my long long week of reports, hope you enjoyed them and will be back in sunny Runcorn tomorrow dinner.

Lads this is a great place to fish and the wife will love it, give it a try, I even went out on the kayaks, great fun, I can see the reason people love them.

see yas :fish: :thumb: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Almost an Addict

Postby TerryG » 01 Jun 2011, 18:40

What a cracking week you have had, :champ: Those fish are some great colours and look very tasty aswell :D :D Thanks for the daily run down of your fishing exploits, Enjoyed them all, :notworthy: Well done and look forward to your next hol :fishing: :fish: :gp: :gp: :gp:
Terry 9T's

Postby Rushy » 01 Jun 2011, 20:49

Did you find any peelers and can you pump blacklug? If not, you can forget it as a holiday destination for me and Wormgutz :lmao:

and you can't beat a 'one that got away' tale to finish on :yeah2: you'll be dining off that for years to come!

Next time that mother is YOURS!! :fish: :fishing:

Brilliant pictures, what a tonic for us stuck in grey Lancashire :cold: what a fantastic week you've had...I've really enjoyed your daily reports :clap:

Cheers for sharing :thumb:
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Postby Fishman » 02 Jun 2011, 16:53

Just back and guess what, we are going to have a heatwave lol, glad you enjoyed it all and hope you all get some sunshine fishing in this weekend.
Almost an Addict

Previous

Return to Saltwater Lure fishing - Spinning and Plugging