It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 09:43

Fellow Lure Fanatics

Forum for plugging and spinning discussion. Using poppers, plugs, spinners and shads to catch Bass Pollack Cod and all other saltwater predators.

Fellow Lure Fanatics

Postby benhben » 29 Aug 2018, 09:15

I'm pretty obsessed with lure fishing. Probably 99% of my fishing is plugging or LRF with soft plastics. I have had a few sessions in the Bay this year with not much success, just one bass on a soft plastic. Plenty on bait though. The lack of water clarity often knocks my confidence.

Has anyone on here had much success with the lures this season? don't see many lure reports on here or pluggers out in the bay.

I'm thinking of fishing the SW Scottish Galloway coast. About a 2.5 hour drive from here so worth a few day trips.

Ben
Almost an Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Fellow Lure Fanatics

Postby liphook » 30 Aug 2018, 13:09

Abbo on here is your man. Hughie also spent a good deal of time lure fishing the Fylde. Water clarity is definitely a limiting factor in the Morcambe Bay areas but we do OK from the boat when conditions are good. I've had limited success in the Ribble estuary but it's a long walk and lots of blanks!
Hardcore Addict

Postby abbo » 02 Sep 2018, 13:49

If you don't have clear water around your way Ben, then, your going to struggle.

I would look for an area, where, you will find clear water for lure fishing. This can be found in some areas of Scotland. I fish North Wales. Almost all areas of Anglesey an the Lynn peninsula can produce fish to lures in the right conditions.

Hope this helps,

Abbo.
Hardcore Addict

Postby benhben » 09 Sep 2018, 10:38

abbo wrote:If you don't have clear water around your way Ben, then, your going to struggle.

I would look for an area, where, you will find clear water for lure fishing. This can be found in some areas of Scotland. I fish North Wales. Almost all areas of Anglesey an the Lynn peninsula can produce fish to lures in the right conditions.

Hope this helps,

Abbo.

Do you do Anglesey and back in day? I'm thinking of SW Scotland and back in a day trip.

Just got back from a week in cornwall. Had some great bass action on topwaters. Beautiful part of cornwall. Wish we had a similar coast closer to home.
Almost an Addict

Postby abbo » 09 Sep 2018, 12:36

I travel to Anglesey and the Lynn in a day, yes. Recently, been staying over in my new tent see the post.

Post your Cornwall report on here Ben. It would be good to see. :cheer:
Hardcore Addict

Postby benhben » 10 Sep 2018, 08:33

abbo wrote:I travel to Anglesey and the Lynn in a day, yes. Recently, been staying over in my new tent see the post.

Post your Cornwall report on here Ben. It would be good to see. :cheer:

Will do this evening when I get back from work! :fish:
Almost an Addict

Return to Saltwater Lure fishing - Spinning and Plugging