It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:27

Connah's Quay 27-07

Northwales - All shore sea fishing catch reports from North Wales covering Anglesey, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd and Wrexham.

Connah's Quay 27-07

Postby GrumpyGaz » 27 Jul 2019, 23:17

Fished Connah's Quay today. Lots of small annoying silver eels. Snotty knotty little buggers, made a proper mess of the rigs too.

On the plus side The bass were about too so just every now and then one got to the bait before the eels and crabs. I got four Bass and seven of the snotty snakes. All on Lug worm, some frozen, some fresh. It made no difference. The biggest nearly got itself dropped, it was quite lively. They all went back to grow a bit more

I was fishing next to an old Polish fella, he had a really old nasty bit of rubbish rod with eyes missing and a very dodgy action, it was all of 9ft long. He only caught a few eels. I was fishing with my budget Fladen Surf Chieftain which in real beach fishing terms is more one of the tribe as opposed to being a chieftain at anything.

As I packed up I gave the old chap the bait I had left and the Floppy Fladen, His face was a picture and made my day making someone happy.

I can't really afford to be giving stuff away but I know he'll catch more than eels now. That Fladen may be total pants on the beach but at Connah's it'll do the old lad nicely ;)

PS sorry about the pictures being on the side, no idea how to sort that out :giveup:
Attachments
20190727_201417.jpg
20190727_164226.jpg
20190727_184245.jpg
When all about you are losing their heads stop swinging the bloody axe!
Almost an Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Connah's Quay 27-07

Postby shacky » 28 Jul 2019, 08:57

Well done Gaz, Silver and Snigs to keep you busy :clap:
That’s very gracious of you to donate your rod....Respect :notworthy:
Good day out, Top man :gp:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby billbob » 28 Jul 2019, 13:11

Well done Gaz. We knew the tide was a bit big before we went last time, but when you gotta go you gotta go. Sounds like you had a busy session. We had to fish down the side because of the pull and it was a snag pit. Did you manage to hold in the channel with 3 oz on that tide. If so that's useful info for when we make our next visit.
2022 Species, Flounder, Plaice, Dab,
Hardcore Addict

Postby GrumpyGaz » 28 Jul 2019, 15:14

billbob wrote:Well done Gaz. We knew the tide was a bit big before we went last time, but when you gotta go you gotta go. Sounds like you had a busy session. We had to fish down the side because of the pull and it was a snag pit. Did you manage to hold in the channel with 3 oz on that tide. If so that's useful info for when we make our next visit.

Yes, 3oz for most of it, fished from low all the way up and two down. The last hour and a half I shortened up on the cast and popped a four on but it worked.

I didn't fish where the boats are, I was behind the tea room and museum opposite the pub. Well paved and seating. There seemed to be a match on further up the river so that's another spot worth a chuck ;-)
Almost an Addict

Postby rob f » 28 Jul 2019, 17:02

nice one gaz :fishing: :fish: :fish: :fish: , it looks like billbob and I will be planning another session soon on a small tide :thumb:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby JoeRoberts » 28 Jul 2019, 21:21

Well done Gaz :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby GrumpyGaz » 28 Jul 2019, 23:30

rob f wrote:nice one gaz :fishing: :fish: :fish: :fish: , it looks like billbob and I will be planning another session soon on a small tide :thumb:

Let me know if you do, i may be able to join you. The local tackle shop was happy to keep bait for me too so that's not a problem.

I've just ordered a Tronixpro Cobra Light to compliment my Aphex TT. I think it'd be ideal for it on a small tide. I'm going to be getting the Aphex GT and the Banzai GT in the next few weeks. I recon four rods from Tronixpro's range should cover me for every situation both estuary and beach.

I'm really enjoying my sessions at the moment, Just working the rods and tackle out has been a big learning curve with the Conti type rods but not having to muck about with multi's has made life a little less birdnesty ;-)
Almost an Addict

Postby rob f » 29 Jul 2019, 07:46

GrumpyGaz wrote:
rob f wrote:nice one gaz :fishing: :fish: :fish: :fish: , it looks like billbob and I will be planning another session soon on a small tide :thumb:

Let me know if you do, i may be able to join you. The local tackle shop was happy to keep bait for me too so that's not a problem.

I've just ordered a Tronixpro Cobra Light to compliment my Aphex TT. I think it'd be ideal for it on a small tide. I'm going to be getting the Aphex GT and the Banzai GT in the next few weeks. I recon four rods from Tronixpro's range should cover me for every situation both estuary and beach.

I'm really enjoying my sessions at the moment, Just working the rods and tackle out has been a big learning curve with the Conti type rods but not having to muck about with multi's has made life a little less birdnesty ;-)

When we plan our next session , I give you a PM a few days before we go , it would be good to meet up . I use 2 zziplex m4 hi flex m rods with abu 6500 mag pro plus a century bass rod and Shakespeare LRF rod for my mini :fish: species .
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby Padsta Tel » 29 Jul 2019, 08:29

Your a top man giving the guy a rod, bet he went home happy. :gp: :gp: :gp:
15lb Salmon Bolton Market
A box of kippers <Lsle of Man>
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Postby Shane ousby » 30 Jul 2019, 18:43

Well in gaz :thumb: :victory:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Next

Return to North Wales Sea Fishing Reports