It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 05:31

Christmas fun at Arnside...

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Re: Christmas fun at Arnside...

Postby senatorkenny » 04 Dec 2017, 19:27

Thank for another great report again and some good photos goes well with no blank keep up the good work :clap: :thumb: :gp:
:-New list 2018/19 Dab.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Postby billbob » 04 Dec 2017, 21:54

What a grand report and top pictures. :clap: :clap:
2022 Species, Flounder, Plaice, Dab,
Hardcore Addict

Postby TurboT » 04 Dec 2017, 22:56

Good choice of venue with the current 'weedie' problem on the Fylde coast. At least the 'Morecambe Bay Halibut' keep showing.
2023 Species Hunt - Coaley, Dab, Dog, Rockling, Ting, Thornback, Bass, Flounder, Sole, Pollack, Mackerel, Shanny, Tompot ,Gurnard, Sprat, Weever, Eel, Plaice, Turbo T.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Bazzer » 05 Dec 2017, 00:07

sharpey wrote:Arranged to meet Slaney and Budders at the jetty for 9.30 this morning. I got there to be greeted by a cool but fresh landscape, but blue skies were peeping through.
Box and rod in hand, off to the jetty and nice to see they had put the tree up to greet me.
Jetty all to myself initially, couple of chaps from deepest Lancs arrived soon after and set up at the south side. Sean turned up around 9.50, but no Budders, and he was bringing the fresh bait. Wasn’t too long before I spotted two people in kayaks near Newbarns obviously riding the bore in. And an impressive bore it was too.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hammered in past us at quite a rate. I’ve seen this dozens of times in my life but still find it awesome. So we gave it time to settle down and made a start. Still no Budders, but then the phone goes....”Morning, have I got the wrong day..?”
“No, I’m on the jetty with Sean now..??”
“ Bollocks, wrong jetty...”
Well he caught whiting at Morecambe as we waited for our first bites....(doh...) So, frozen black it was to be, and after a while I had a rattle and our first fish...Image
Not big but broke up the waiting, though plenty going on round us...ImageImageImage
Getting near high water now, when Sean had a knock too and snared a blank buster...Image
As high water started to go back, we enjoyed a few more..
ImageImage
Very nice 34cm for the lad on a very light set up too...
ImageImage
Double for me...Image
Another good fish and decent lump of weed...and some lovely scenery...ImageImage
Witherslack Fell standing out in the cold sunlight. We headed off at 2 as the sky darkened and the drizzle began. We’d 9 fish between us, bit weedy at times, and a chorus of Christmas bells all day as the two guys next to us had a bell on the tips of three rods..!!! They had fish too......
Very nice easy session in a lovely location and good company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Superb report and pictures. Well done
Trainee Addict

Postby joiner8212 » 05 Dec 2017, 17:22

Thanks for the excellent report and photos .Looks a nice gully right in front easy casting,
Hardcore Addict

Postby starfish » 05 Dec 2017, 22:21

nice sesh well done :thumb:
starfish sea fishing. You tube.
Hardcore Addict

Postby JoeRoberts » 05 Dec 2017, 22:42

Well done Sharpey :thumb: It's always a cracking days :fishing: at Arnside when the weather is like that, and some great pics.
Hardcore Addict

Postby sharpey » 05 Dec 2017, 23:58

joiner8212 wrote:Thanks for the excellent report and photos .Looks a nice gully right in front easy casting,

Sean was in there with his light rod, I dropped in too as we ran out of water. Both had fish..!! Cheers buddy..

There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Postby ray » 07 Dec 2017, 21:51

that's a cracking report sharpey, pics are really good :thumb: , nice one fella. :thumb:
2023 species hunt.....Rockling, Dab, flounder, whiting, shanny.
Hardcore Addict

Postby sharpey » 08 Dec 2017, 17:25

Had a wander down again this morning, absolutely Baltic. Very pretty with the snow on the hills, too cold for fishing, but got an idea of the channels at low water.....brrrrr.......

There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

PreviousNext

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports