It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:08

C & R Spin Casting Highlights!

Forum for All reports and information for fishing outside of the UK. Fishing holidays and overseas angling trips.

C & R Spin Casting Highlights!

Postby Scuba Chris » 26 Apr 2020, 18:22

Practicing Catch & Release Helps Sustain The Environment!

I like to go whipping, another term for spin casting. Sometimes i either catch undesirable species or sizes that are under the legal limits. Day or night, reef or sand it doesn't matter. It's non-stop action & you can cover miles whipping the coastline.

I rarely keep pics or videos of smaller hits so this is a small collection of C & R "Catch & Release" of the last few years of casting. Species caught are Moi "Threadfins", Papio "Jack Trevally", Nunu "Cornet Fish", Kaku "Barracuda", Weke "Goatfish" to Lizardfish & others.

My basic Whipping rig used is my mainline tied to a small swivel. The leader line is tied to the other side consisting usually of fluorocarbon (sometimes monofilament) averaging 6-7ft. I use O'Doul to Circle or Live Bait hooks. I prefer grubs during the day & UV grubs for night. Sometimes floating flies. Above the hook's eye i sometimes adorn my rig with UV and/or colored plastic bead(s).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfeTHqb7ElE
Attachments
Spincasting.jpg
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Return to International Fishing Forum