It is currently 23 Apr 2019, 07:46

BLANK FOR HEROES 15/01/11

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

BLANK FOR HEROES 15/01/11

Postby Mike T » 16 Jan 2012, 12:07

HI ALL.
THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY WHO TURNED UP TO RAISE MONEY FOR HELP FOR HEROES,
THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY FOR STICKING OUT THE COMP EVEN THO THE FISHING WAS TOUGH THANKS GUYS. AND TO ANYBODY WHO didn't STOP UNTIL THE END THANKS FOR COMING DOWN AND TAKING PART. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

WE RAISED A GRAND TOTAL OF £380.53 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i didn't fish the match myself as i didn't want the charity pots to get robbed however i did have a chuck next to padsta tel i blanked anyway lol i thought i had a bloody big cod on at the end but it was 2 of padstas rigs :banghead:

the weather was stunning which meant the fishing wouldn't be. :?
it was just dabs and a few rockling all through the match, not in great numbers either.

the fishing for the lads was tough, it was at least an hour before i even heard a report of anything being caught down the beach. the fish started coming in very slowly it was proving to be a hard match for the lads.

i had a walk down the beach at about half 3 and it was slowwwwwwww for the boys reports of just dabs dabs dabs and the odd rockling, having listened to the catch reports it was coming clear that this is actually going to be a very close match with a few lads on 2 dabs at 26cm and 25cm or around that size so it was definatly going to be a close match.

on the horn it was 1700 time to hand in your match cards. whilst padsta put on some SANDY sausage buttys and burgers lol me and my mate tallyed up the points the biggest fish and the zonal champs.

it was a joined first place
1st-tony c, 48 points :champ: :clap:
1st-dave hogarth, 48 points :champ: :clap: £80 to each angler.
3rd-nige e, 47 points :clap:
biggest fish-nige e dab 30cm :clap:
zone 1- tony c, 48points :clap:
zone 2-s jones, 36 points :clap:
zone 3-terry gargan(terry g) 34points :clap:
zone 4-syd wisdom 32 points :clap:

4th-s jones 36 points :clap:
5th-terry gargan 34 points :clap:
6th-syd wisdom 32 points :clap:
7th-andy horrocks 30 points :clap:
8th-steve barlow 26 points :clap:
9th-paul calvert 21 points :clap:
10th-steve trow 19 points :clap:
3 way 11th
lee (spook) 16 points :clap:
darren b 16 points :clap:
devon dave 16 points :clap:
joint 12th-
padsta tel 12 points :clap:
d hetherington 12 points :clap:
13th-darren wilkinson 8 points :clap:
14th- alex wisdom 5 points :clap:

dave grundy
billy robinson
steve turner
andy gunn
d dickinson
chris c
jamie w
chris hayworth
l crowsdale
nigel harris
frank walker
mick robinson
martin green
steve gargan

you all scored no points but a massive thank you for taking part and helping this charity. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

thank you to marrion and syd wisdom for letting me use there camper van to book people in and to marrion for sorting raffle.

thanks to alex wisdom for helping peg the match out for the lift to cleveleys and for general help. :thumb:

thank you to all who donated raffle prizes many thanks :thumb:

thank you to gerrys of morecambe for there kind donations and letting this event be advertised in your shop :thumb:

thanks to rushy, paul and dave hutch for tips on the format.

thanks to rushy for the match cards and points charts :thumb:

thank you to blackpool chris who supplied lads with bait and split the money with the charity fund :thumb:

thank you to padsta tel for bringing your stove down for the brews and food top stuff mate :thumb:
even tho they did have more sand than sausage in em :lmao: :lmao:

and a general thank you to all who took part and all who donated many thanks :thumb: :thumb:

thank you to:-
angling addicts
nw donkers
maverick sea angling

for letting me advertise this event on your websites cheers guys :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

i was very very :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: to say the least when i got home last night

cheers guys for a great day hats off too you all :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

if anyone has any pictures of the day could they please add them to this post :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Last edited by Mike T on 16 Jan 2012, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.
2014, species, codling, whiting, dab, blenny, flounder, bass 41cm, thornback ray on lrf tackle in morecambe bay off the shore. smoothound in heysham. plaice 2lb 1oz nasty weaver.
King of the North Wall

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: BLANK FOR HEROES 15/01/11

Postby Paul O » 16 Jan 2012, 12:43

excellent report mike great turn out from the lads been working all weekend fingers crossed will b of 4 next one will ring u later of to bed been on nights
Hardcore Addict

Postby Padsta Tel » 16 Jan 2012, 12:58

A great account of the day Mike every one seemed to have a good day the weather was spot on shame there wasn't a bit more surf to get the cod feeding.

A few pics of the day'

These gypos get every where.

The Manchester mafia.

Mikes little lad helping him reel in.Image

The end of a good day.
Prize giving and Raffle
15lb Salmon Bolton Market
A box of kippers <Lsle of Man>
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Postby Mike T » 16 Jan 2012, 13:06

cheers for the pics mate :thumb: :thumb: and aidan is actually reeling your rod in there its not my reel that mate :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: you did get a dab when he was there he is my lucky charm lol :thumb:
2014, species, codling, whiting, dab, blenny, flounder, bass 41cm, thornback ray on lrf tackle in morecambe bay off the shore. smoothound in heysham. plaice 2lb 1oz nasty weaver.
King of the North Wall

Postby Padsta Tel » 16 Jan 2012, 13:20

I WASN'T CHEATING HONEST :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Postby blackpool chris » 16 Jan 2012, 14:34

well done mike for organising the match :thumb: it was nice to finally meet some of the lads :thumb: :thumb:
Almost an Addict

Postby fishermandave82 » 16 Jan 2012, 14:42

Well done mike. It was a top do! This was the first sea fishing match i have been in and i managed joint first. Which made my weekend. Thanks to blackpool chris for the bait it defo worked. And as for padster. Cheats never prosper.lol. When is the next one????

Got to be in it to win it!

species 2012: rainbow trout. dab. whiting. brown trout. roach. ide. mirror carp. common carp. bream. perch. flounder.
Hardcore Addict

Postby john pie » 16 Jan 2012, 15:39

Well done lad;s and Lassies .............fantastic ammount raised for H4H'S ............well done mike for organising it .................Injury stopped me this time but next time i'll be there even if i'm in the WHEEL CHAIR :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Hardcore Addict

Postby Padsta Tel » 16 Jan 2012, 16:50

fishermandave82 wrote:Well done mike. It was a top do! This was the first sea fishing match i have been in and i managed joint first. Which made my weekend. Thanks to blackpool chris for the bait it defo worked. And as for padster. Cheats never prosper.lol. When is the next one????

. I wasent cheating just never thought my pennal was a extra hook :huan kerr: :huan kerr:
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Postby OldhamAndy » 16 Jan 2012, 17:05

Enjoyed being out today even minus the fish :doh: well done on the money raised everyone, I didn`t even win a tape measure in the raffle that`s how bad I was for luck yesterday :giveup:
Species2014:Whiting,Codling,Flounder,Dab
Hardcore Addict

Next

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports