It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 17:22

Blackpool Federation Sea Angling League

Monthly reports competition information, plus other competitions.

Blackpool Federation Sea Angling League

Postby Sir Humphrey Rtd » 29 Jan 2019, 14:41

The Blackpool Fed (ex Blackpool CIU) Sea Angling league held its AGM earlier this month.

The main change to the league agreed that after 50 plus years the league will change from a team based (as we lost 2 more teams last year, careless of us I know) to an individual basis from this year.

The league is fished over 12 matches (best 9 results counting) on a Sunday morning from the end of March till December. The matches are fished at Lytham, Gynn Wall, Cleveleys, Fleetwood, Stannah and Knott End.

Match fees are £20.00 a year with all fees being used as prize money .

If anyone feels like giving it a go please PM me for details.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Blackpool Federation Sea Angling League

Postby joiner8212 » 29 Jan 2019, 15:35

Sir Humphrey Rtd wrote:The Blackpool Fed (ex Blackpool CIU) Sea Angling league held its AGM earlier this month.

The main change to the league agreed that after 50 plus years the league will change from a team based (as we lost 2 more teams last year, careless of us I know) to an individual basis from this year.

The league is fished over 12 matches (best 9 results counting) on a Sunday morning from the end of March till December. The matches are fished at Lytham, Gynn Wall, Cleveleys, Fleetwood, Stannah and Knott End.

Match fees are £20.00 a year with all fees being used as prize money .

If anyone feels like giving it a go please PM me for details.

It was interesting when you mention Blackpool CIU in those days every working mans club seemed to have a sea fishing section but with the demise of those clubs so does the anglers that would give enough people to still fish the sea angling league like the one your in.I used to fish most of the CIU competitions because at that time Barrow was in Lancashire so possible fished along some of the older members on here
Hardcore Addict

Postby shacky » 29 Jan 2019, 19:02

It’s a shame when clubs run so short of anglers. I myself used to fish the CIU many years ago.
The club I am in now does not run Sea matches anymore, due to dwindling numbers. Though we still have the opportunity to re-start them, if interest ever shows.
The CIU was a good craic being a team event. I think going solo takes a bit of fun out of it. But at least it’s still there. I hope you get a few interested anglers join Bryan. Good Luck :thumb:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Postby Sir Humphrey Rtd » 29 Jan 2019, 19:19

Yep when I first started fishing the league in the late 70's we had regular turnouts of over 80 anglers in the matches - but as with all things age catches up with most people and there was not a lot of younger anglers joining in.
Hardcore Addict

Return to Competitions