It is currently 12 Aug 2020, 18:44

Barrow Docks Advice

You can talk about any topic here.
*WARNING* some threads may contain discussion only suitable for adults.
Please bear in mind our viewers come from diverse backgrounds. Any racist comments will be met with a zero tolerance policy.

Barrow Docks Advice

Postby benhben » 08 Jun 2020, 10:18

Went to scout out Barrow docks the other day. I've seen some reports of the chance of Pollock on light lures. Does anyone have any tips where to fish? I checked the stretch from Morrisons to where the footpath meets a road. The drop to the water in front of Morrisons is about 20ft sloping down to around 6ft at the road.

All the areas closer to the water were behind locked off fences. Some people were fishing a lagoon to the side of the docks but this didn't look very fishy to me.

Any tips on the easiest spots to fish or do most people take a drop net? Obviously a decent fish on a light lure rod can't be hoicked up the side.

Thanks
Ben
Almost an Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Barrow Docks Advice

Postby rugbydanny99 » 08 Jun 2020, 10:50

benhben wrote:Went to scout out Barrow docks the other day. I've seen some reports of the chance of Pollock on light lures. Does anyone have any tips where to fish? I checked the stretch from Morrisons to where the footpath meets a road. The drop to the water in front of Morrisons is about 20ft sloping down to around 6ft at the road.

All the areas closer to the water were behind locked off fences. Some people were fishing a lagoon to the side of the docks but this didn't look very fishy to me.

Any tips on the easiest spots to fish or do most people take a drop net? Obviously a decent fish on a light lure rod can't be hoicked up the side.

Thanks
Ben

hi ben

joiner8212 fishes up them ways i think, it may be worth asking him for his expert advice :thumb:
2020 SPECIES HUNT
whiting, cod, dab, thornback ray, 5 beard rockling, dogfish, starry smooth hound, tope, poor cod, flounder, goby, butterfish, pouting, black bream, bass, plaice, common smooth hound, pollock.
Hardcore Addict

Re: Barrow Docks Advice

Postby joiner8212 » 10 Jun 2020, 16:17

benhben wrote:Went to scout out Barrow docks the other day. I've seen some reports of the chance of Pollock on light lures. Does anyone have any tips where to fish? I checked the stretch from Morrisons to where the footpath meets a road. The drop to the water in front of Morrisons is about 20ft sloping down to around 6ft at the road.

Thanks
Ben

The only place you can fish the docks is the stretch you walked along the lagoon you mentioned is a course fishery with some big carp.Not sure when you read about the chance of catching pollock on lures 3yrs ago I would have said you were in with a chance but last year one individual took at least 58 pollock out of the dock apart from x number of cod up to 15lb. the way I look at the docks it is just like a fishery the majority of fish in docks got in the docks system when Barrow was a thriving port so over the years they breed in there the older ones of us caught and returned everything now somebody catches something and posts it on social media so what was a good safe spot to teach youngsters now devoid of fish
Hardcore Addict

Return to Banter Boardroom