It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:40

Balcary point

Scotland Sea fishing reports. Catch reports covering all areas of Scotland

Re: Balcary point

Postby Settle Simon » 25 Jun 2015, 21:46

Hope this helps Cosierat, Where i fished was only 5 mins walk from the hotel i think you are staying at. I am sure if you ask at the hotel they must know some other spots. I did speak to a chap on my way back to the car who said that local fly fish for bass in the bay itself.

No Tel, no cod just loads of doggies and dabs still they kept us busy for a few hours and it was a beatiful spot to whats the sunrise on a still calm morning.
I float like a buttercup and sprint like a granny
http://www.scplanningserv.com
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Postby cosierat » 08 Jul 2015, 15:03

Hi All
arrived at Balcary Bay on 1st at lunchtime and promptly unloaded 2 rods, rod rest and tackle and set off in scorching heat onto the cliff path to find the famed "flat rock". 2hours of climbing up and down cliffs, over heating and being chased by donkeys I arrived in Rascarrel. I had missed it :dumb: . I turned back and retraced my steps, this time finding what I thought was the rock. But in no condition to climb down to it, so wearily and dehydrated I made my way back to the hotel. For some well deserved?? R & R and a couple of large G & T's.
Next morning set off again, this time in the cold, rain and thick mist, found my version of the flat rock and despondently started to fish from the left centre of the rock. Immediately I had a good knock and was into a really good fish, took ages to drag it to just short of the rocks but there we parted company. A definite fish as although not fighting consistently it gave several pulls and shakes. 15mins later the exact thing happened, sadly this time all I retrieved after a long battle was what appeared to be a 1" piece of lip. This was followed by a break on my second rod. With high tide imminent I moved to the right hand side of the rock and put stronger tackle on. About 90mins after high tide I was wet through and so cold my fingers had turned blue, so I decided it was time to quit. As I dismantled the second rod, the first rod knocked and I was into a shoal of codling? 45mins later still cold and wet but I had landed and returned 7 or 8. The climb and walk back was cold and miserable but I had fish to my name.Image
Thanks all for your help
2017 Species Hunt, Rockling, Flounder, Plaice, Whiting, Dab, Cod, Bass, Doggie, Tope, Eel, Starry
Hardcore Addict

Postby sea spray 57 » 08 Jul 2015, 15:53

Great report and insight Simon :thumb: well done on both catching :cheer:
2015 species hunt weaver red gurnard dab flounder
Hardcore Addict

Previous

Return to Scotland Sea Fishing Reports