It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 08:17

Back on the Beach from Leyland

Forum for new members to tell us a bit about themselves, and to find out about us!!

Back on the Beach from Leyland

Postby Bad pumper » 02 Dec 2018, 08:28

Hi all, after a 6 year absence from fishing i've picked it up again recently. I've had three trips so far 2 at Cleveleys 5 bar and last Friday behind the Cadet base in a lively wind. i've caught plenty of Whiting so far but really wanting a Codling or two! i also made a pump and had a go pumping when the tide was high last Sunday. I struggled but kept at it. Two lads pumping, mick and Steve tried to show me while they were trying to get their own and despite them saying it was tough getting bait at the moment they kindly gave me some of their bait enabling me to fish he following day. Hope to bump into you again soon and i'll have a natter and fish with you ! I've been sitting it out with bigger baits hoping for the Cod with a flowing up and over pulley rig so it has a long flowing trace..is this right or should i have one rod with something different? i mate i went with uses 2 hook flappers with small hooks and small worm but He's happy catching small Whiting.

cheers, Ian.
Trainee Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Back on the Beach from Leyland

Postby liphook » 02 Dec 2018, 11:02

Welcome to AA Ian :thumb: I like to fish big worm baits on 6/0 pennel pats for the codling - specifically with blanched black lug in the hope of avoiding 'nuisance ' species. I still catch whiting when they are there but it does help reduce the numbers and increase the size of the ones I do land. I cast up tide and let a bit of a bow form in the line and fish for drop back bites. There's no hard and fast right way to fish and plenty of lads will fish for 'anything to avoid the blank' with small hooks and fish baitsetc. The important thing is that you enjoy your fishing :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Return to Who's who...