It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 16:26

Back into the breach

Forum for plugging and spinning discussion. Using poppers, plugs, spinners and shads to catch Bass Pollack Cod and all other saltwater predators.

Back into the breach

Postby abbo » 05 May 2014, 14:12

Thought I would have my first proper crack at some silver surfers on Saturday. The tides on the small side, but, a nice southerly wind - with overcast conditions "not too bad I say to myself"

I arrived at my first mark on the Northern part of the Lynn Pennisula walked a mile to the beach conditions perfect apart from the water usually gin clear but, looked chocolate coloured this time.

So, back to the car and travel down to the southern most tip of the Llynn about 20 minutes away. The surf was biggish even on a small tide.

It was good to be back. 30 minutes my heart a racing. A good sized bass taking a pin gui zonk. As I landed it on the rocks the braid to the leader link breaks and the fish with the zonk is gone dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I carry on, energised, but, lose a further two more zonks and a megabass cutter. I was using GESOX braid and perhaps it had lost its strength whilst being stored in my shed over the winter.

I decided to return to my car change my reel using sunline castaway braid this time.

Two hours before high tide I had a nice sized Gar which I gave to my dad for his tea - I'm told they taste like sardines. I then had a small bass 0f 36 cms and bang on high tide this one around 43cm.

Loved it back out on the beautiful Welsh coastline - a few fish - some lost gear but all in all another great day to be alive

Cheers all
Abbo
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Back into the breach

Postby Marc » 05 May 2014, 15:05

Great report abbo :thumb: must have cost a bit in lost gear but at least you had a few bass
Hardcore Addict

Postby nightfisher » 05 May 2014, 17:04

well done abbo. :cheer: got the target species . :cheer: hate loosing gear though
Hardcore Addict

Postby hughie » 05 May 2014, 17:06

good to hear you are back at them again, and great to know they are hitting the lures. can't wait to get at them myself. well done on your first :fishing: venture out this season, looking forward to reading more reports from you.
LETS GO FISHING.
Rossall Bassmeister

Postby gilly111 » 18 May 2014, 08:01

Well in abbo good to see you back out mate
Down there myself just a pollock just good to out :cheer: :thumb:
Trainee Addict

Postby Padsta Tel » 18 May 2014, 21:18

A great read Abbo nice bass :champ:
15lb Salmon Bolton Market
A box of kippers <Lsle of Man>