It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:06

Awesome new Redgills - highly recommended!

Forum for plugging and spinning discussion. Using poppers, plugs, spinners and shads to catch Bass Pollack Cod and all other saltwater predators.

Awesome new Redgills - highly recommended!

Postby Jay » 30 Jun 2010, 00:31

The Redgill Evolution

ImageImageImageImage

http://www.redgill.co.uk/c/172/evolution

Saving a LOT of lost tackle and new weighted head these babies are the muts nuts for Bass spinning!

Had some very productive weekends on them recently but a little more expensive than the originals.

The fact the hook is on the top means you can spin closer to the bottom without snags... Cheers Red Gill boffins, bout bloody time! :notworthy:
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to spin for bass and you just gained a best mate for life!
Trainee Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Awesome new Redgills - highly recommended!

Postby Paul » 30 Jun 2010, 16:26

Cheers for the review Jay. This is exactly the sort of thing we want to see :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb: :thumb:
Solar powered fisherman

Postby Flattiefanatic » 30 Jun 2010, 18:14

I'm at a stage now where i can spin for some nice bass where i live. Just need a tackle shop that sells them now :thumb: . Do you just cast these out and retrieve slowly or is it fast and then slow? i can fish near the pompey harbour which is pretty deep
Trainee Addict

Postby TerryG » 30 Jun 2010, 18:15

They look good Jay, :thumb: Which colour do you thinks best ??? ??? ???
Terry 9T's

Postby Jay » 30 Jun 2010, 19:03

Without a shadow of a doubt, the Silver/pearl or blue/white combination.

The texture of the new ones is rather a softer compound than the old ones meaning they stretch a little further and are less prone to breakages from Bassy teeth...

I bought direct from Red gill as none of the shops stock them as yet, was £12 for 2 boxes of 4, with FREE delivery to all of the UK, I couldn't have asked for a better service, came well packaged and within 2 days!

Cheers Red Gill, :clap2:
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to spin for bass and you just gained a best mate for life!
Trainee Addict

Postby Flattiefanatic » 30 Jun 2010, 20:39

Cheers for that m8y, i will be ordering from them real soon. Never had a bass from a lure, so can't wait to try them out :yeah2:
Trainee Addict

Postby Paul » 26 Jul 2010, 20:00

Just ordered a few of these off ebay for my next IOM trip. See if they are any good for Pollack as well ;) :clap2: :clap2:

Thought id have a quick look through the sellers other stuff while i was ordering..... Knew it was a mistake!!!

Spent a bloody fortune!!!!

Aaaah well, you can't take it with you!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Solar powered fisherman

Postby Paul » 03 Aug 2010, 21:37

If using these lures for deeper water, at only 17g they really are not heavy enough....

Fishing for Pollack in the IOM in maybe 15-20ft of water i had to add about an ounce (30g) of extra weight.

The problem with this is that you either need to rig them portland style or maybe with a drilled bullet, this simply doesnt look or feel right, and alters both the action of the lure, and how the whole rig casts. Tangles were definitely increased with the weighted lures over the Originals.

Whilst they will catch fish in this way, at £2 each (£5.99 for 3) you really might as well just buy original Redgills at half the price.
Solar powered fisherman

Postby lee » 03 Aug 2010, 23:34

Theses are on my site now http://www.boatandtackle.co.uk at £4.99 until next week.

No silver pearl unfortunately as they are like rocking horse shite, hopefully within the next fortnight.

If you don't mind jay I may use your review on our site?
Hardcore Addict

Postby Paul » 04 Aug 2010, 01:27

I'm sure he won't mind Lee. :thumb:

Use Jays review though, If you use mine you might not get as many sales :crazy: :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Solar powered fisherman

Return to Saltwater Lure fishing - Spinning and Plugging