It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:58

anybody done any czech nymph fishing

All game fishing information, for Trout, Salmon and Sea trout.

Re: anybody done any czech nymph fishing

Postby Baz C » 03 Sep 2016, 13:40

skatenchips wrote:oh ok Baz,it doesn't seem too many guys do it even on some of the other fishing forums it seems to be an acquired taste but I'm game so at the mo I've just brought some components to make the Gold Ribbed Hares ear as I'm told its a popular grub style fly to trundle through a bubbly brook or weirpool
ill have a go at tying a couple and stick a picky up for you lads to shoot it to pieces..... :bleh:

I've only made floating flies so far so its good practice to make something new.

once I'm up and about again,really looking forward to having a go.

Gazza

Don't worry about making them too 'pretty' as long as they're general size and shape some good catches on 'tatty' flies. A few years ago one of the England international team was up at Stocks Reservoir on one of their open days, his fly box was full of stuff even tattler than mine ;) we got talking and we agreed that often some of the tastiest flies produce the best results. Occasionally something chewed to bits during a hectic session still continues catching :fishing:
Master Brewer at The Den Brewery
The Brewmeister

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Postby skatenchips » 04 Sep 2016, 07:54

yer,all makes sense baz,i have not caught any fish so at the moment I'm looking at what I tie at what I would think rather than a hungry trout/grayling etc......I appreciate the common sense approach you write mate....

by the way,as mentioned I don't know if you have made any larvae type flies .....and used what they call shellback that imitates the body/skin/shell ....ok I guess you can buy the proper components from a tackle shop ,,,,,,,,,,
but I wondered if you have tried any alternatives ...in a clear film material then cut it to size or coloured
it with permanent marker pens etc......its just that I want to make the flies but if there is a industrial supplier material you think me worth getting ,ill have a sniff around here..... :thumb: :thumb:

cheers

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Postby Baz C » 04 Sep 2016, 08:21

skatenchips wrote:yer,all makes sense baz,i have not caught any fish so at the moment I'm looking at what I tie at what I would think rather than a hungry trout/grayling etc......I appreciate the common sense approach you write mate....

by the way,as mentioned I don't know if you have made any larvae type flies .....and used what they call shellback that imitates the body/skin/shell ....ok I guess you can buy the proper components from a tackle shop ,,,,,,,,,,
but I wondered if you have tried any alternatives ...in a clear film material then cut it to size or coloured
it with permanent marker pens etc......its just that I want to make the flies but if there is a industrial supplier material you think me worth getting ,ill have a sniff around here..... :thumb: :thumb:

cheers

Gazza

All of the stuff I used for making 'casing' or shells came from round the house, bits of coloured plastic wrapping or plain clear stuff, yes coloured with a pen as well if needed, but clear picks up the colour of the body material you used (much better) :thumb:

If you want a heavily weighted fly, whip on weighting material first.
If you can imagine a fly with the body material tied on so it has lots of straggly bits, a piece of plastic which was tied in at the tail first pulled over the back to the front, a length of silver or gold coloured wire wrapped four or five times, makes the 'shell segmented. The straggly stuff underneath, tease out with either a needle or as this lazy git uses, a piece of velcro and you have lots of legs sticking down.

Afternoon or two tying flies in winter with a big pot of coffee on, rather satisfying :thumb:
Master Brewer at The Den Brewery
The Brewmeister

Postby skatenchips » 04 Sep 2016, 19:50

ok mate I can see I'm gonna have a sniff I'm me garage,plenty of odds and sods to try as wrapping
..yep got the making instruction off of a utube vid....see how we go ill stick a picky on and you can comment.

cheers for the imput.

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Postby skatenchips » 04 Sep 2016, 19:50

ok mate I can see I'm gonna have a sniff I'm me garage,plenty of odds and sods to try as wrapping
..yep got the making instruction off of a utube vid....see how we go ill stick a picky on and you can comment.

cheers for the imput.

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Previous

Return to Fly-fishing discussion