It is currently 19 Apr 2021, 06:45

Another plugging session

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Another plugging session

Postby Rushy » 25 Sep 2010, 23:46

Following the other evenings success, I had to persuade.......yes PERSUADE...... Paul & Terry to have another go for the bass on the plugs :roll: :lol: to be fair to the lads, Paul had his cod goggles on and was itching to go to Blackpool way with the beachcasters, and Terry had to hoover the cat or summat :doh: actually, Tez had already had a bash in the morning and had been up since 4am :shock: he'd thrashed the water hard.....and blanked :doh: so he was less than keen as he said to me "there's nowt there mate....they've gone"....

After some gentle persuasion ("C'mon you puff.. I'll show you how it's done") and the cat duly hoovered, we set off to our mark.

Now any one who knows Terry will quickly realise he is the rough & ready type, wham bam thank you mam sort of angler....he likes to fish HARD!! :box:with big pops and splashes ......the other evening me & Paul discovered a more subtle way of topwater popping.
In fact it's not popping at all really, more like drawing a fly across the water surface, using the line in the tide run to draw the lure in the same direction as the tide is running and just imparting a bit of life to the lure with the odd gentle twitch as opposed to the usual aggressive 'pop'

I demonstrated the technique to the Tezzler, who quickly cottoned on :yeah2: we had a few casts, taking in the scenery when a good fish smashed into Terry's lure not 4 foot from his rod tip, but somehow eluded the hooks! :hurt: I gently pointed out that the fish were indeed here!

Terry then made what he described as a miscast, I said to him "that cast will get you a fish, just watch..." sure enough BANG his lure chug bug was smashed into and a fish started taking line....quality!

It turned out to be a good fish of 56cm....easily 4lb judging by its condition

We both then had a series of missed takes, with numerous fish attacking our topwater plugs, very frustrating but bloody exciting nonetheless :fish:

Then something I'd heard of but not experienced before, a double hook up :fishing: one on the middle treble and one on the back treble.....

Terry managed another smaller fish

Then I got my biggest, a fish of around 3lb....

Another cracking evenings fishing, with good company and even better sport :thumb:
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Another plugging session

Postby Paul » 25 Sep 2010, 23:57

FFS :banghead: :banghead:

Nice one guys :thumb:

Id go in the morning but Tez has to clean his pet mouse's teeth or summat.... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Solar powered fisherman

Postby TerryG » 26 Sep 2010, 14:55

Well, what can I say BUT thanks for dragging my sorry ass out :clap: :clap: A most enjoyable night on the plugs :thumb: :yeah2:
Terry 9T's

Postby Brez » 26 Sep 2010, 18:38

Could have done with your wisdom this morning. Walked down and made first cast by moonlight (surely the fishing gods would reward such an effort) but totally blanked, not a sniff. Didn't even see a fish. Wind from the north made fishing awkward and was absolutely f@#ckin' freezing.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Rushy » 26 Sep 2010, 19:55

Brez wrote:Could have done with your wisdom this morning. Walked down and made first cast by moonlight (surely the fishing gods would reward such an effort) but totally blanked, not a sniff. Didn't even see a fish. Wind from the north made fishing awkward and was absolutely f@#ckin' freezing.

Unlucky on the blank, I've had PLENTY of them believe me! :doh: :lol: :lol:
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Postby Nige » 26 Sep 2010, 20:14

All those blanks are forgotten when you have a day like that .

top marks for the double hook up , Dave . Thats much better than the whiting I caught with just the lead weight on the Mersey last week
Nige

Postby Rushy » 26 Sep 2010, 20:17

Nige wrote:All those blanks are forgotten when you have a day like that .

top marks for the double hook up , Dave . Thats much better than the whiting I caught with just the lead weight on the Mersey last week

You mean this one? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I forgot I had it :doh:
Political Activist

Postby creweman » 28 Sep 2010, 12:24

You greedy bassturd Dave, I'd settle for one fish on a plug :D
Trainee Addict

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports