It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 06:53

Angling writer and journalist Anthony Pearson

You can talk about any topic here.
*WARNING* some threads may contain discussion only suitable for adults.
Please bear in mind our viewers come from diverse backgrounds. Any racist comments will be met with a zero tolerance policy.

Angling writer and journalist Anthony Pearson

Postby AnthonyMcNamara » 17 May 2018, 02:06

Hi there, my name is Anthony McNamara.

I’m a writer, originally from the UK but now living in New Zealand. I return home each year and usually spend time fishing in Cornwall and on Achill Island on the west coast of Ireland.

I’m currently working on a project concerning the journalist and angling writer Anthony Pearson who wrote the classics Fisherman, Successful Shore Fishing and Sea Fishing, North Wales and Anglesea as well as many articles in Creel, Fishing & Angling magazines and a fortnightly column in the Guardian. His angling writing was most prolific in the mid to late sixties. He passed away in 1984 at the early age of just 43. Anyone who has read his work will be in no doubt that he was one of England’s greatest angling writers and only receives a fraction of the credit that his work deserves.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone that might have met Mr Pearson or might have a connection to his family in Bolton, Lancashire or Nairobi, Kenya. He spent a great deal of time in north Wales, Cork in the south west of Ireland and worked for a time in Hull so would have fished the North East as well as the North West. He had an apartment in Chelsea, London for a period in the late sixties and often attended and spoke at many of the tackle fairs and specimen group meetings.

Many thanks.

Anthony.
Trainee Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Return to Banter Boardroom