It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 17:58

Angling Addicts Xmas Meet. Gynn Wall.

Northwest Sea fishing forum - Shore fishing catch reports for Lancashire, Cumbria, Blackpool, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Liverpool and Mersey, Cumbria & the Isle of man.

Angling Addicts Xmas Meet. Gynn Wall.

Postby shacky » 01 Dec 2019, 19:51

It was that time of year again and we were down the Gynn For the Christmas Meet. I had been given some extra prizes (More on that later).
The star performers were..Senatorkenny, Ray, Jonhill, PaulR, Tarmacduck, RobF, Billbob, Bagger, Willpower, Charlie(jnr), Rugbydanny, Skpitonian + 1 and moi.
The Weather would be our nemesis today, bitter cold :cold: and very frosty. A cold wind from the NNE started our day off. The sun was out though, this gave us a little heat.
I decided to fish right up to the Boating Pool wall, as i could meet people as they arrived, collect the tackle items and hand out the raffle tickets.
The sea was still way out and not much (gulleys) to go at. Though i would plonk a bait at the side of the outlet pipe. I needed a Rockling for the hunt..

Plenty of time 'till the water reached us..

The Addicts started to appear and filling up the wall..

Right the way up to the slipway..

The fishing began as the sea touched the wall. Not long after people went for walkies and a natter :blah:
Not much doing down our end of the wall, further along news filtered down fish were caught.
My rod fishing the pipe sprung to life, a welcome little Rockling made an entrance..

Then the distance rod also showed activity..

Dab at distance was the order of the day. These took me through to high water..

High water was here, a few of the lads had come down for a chat. Flounder and Whiting had been caught further up as well as Dab.
Chilly but sunny weather still prevailed..

The wind on the ebb changed to a NNW and picked up in speed. For me this killed the fishing, but gave me a chance to have a good old chat :blah:
Skiptonian had to go early, nice to meet you and we'll catch up next time :fishing:

The sun was setting and i decided to pack up and sort the raffle prizes out..

Winding in my first rod..

Then the second..(blurry pic, sorry)..

Talk about leaving it to the death :blink:
The others were packing in too..

At the pool, Ray had the chilli on the go! and that's just what the doctor ordered in this weather :cold:
The raffle prizes sorted and ready to go..

Just have to mention, a BIG Thank you :thumb: to Steve 'TurboT' for his generous donation of a £25 tackle voucher for 'Gerrys'....This was for our Master Chef Ray as he never takes a penny off us for his tasty offerings.
Also Barry 'Tarmacduck' :thumb: for the junior prize of a rod. Which was very gratefully received by Charlie(jnr) :)
Plus everyone else for their tackle/prize donations. And Billbob for supplying the Birds :o ..Cheers Guys :clap: i couldn't have done it without you :notworthy:
Some of the Addicts..

Bragging rights went to RobF who landed a nice Whiting of 38cm :champ: Well Done :victory:

I had an absolutely fantastic day, superb company, good ol' craic and a few fish to boot :yeah2:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Angling Addicts Xmas Meet. Gynn Wall.

Postby billbob » 01 Dec 2019, 20:14

Thanks for organising the day mate. Nice to meet up with other members
2022 Species, Flounder, Plaice, Dab,
Hardcore Addict

Postby rugbydanny99 » 01 Dec 2019, 20:16

great day and great to meet you iain

charlie has asked me say thank you again and we look forward to meeting again soon
2020 SPECIES HUNT
whiting, cod, dab, thornback ray, 5 beard rockling, dogfish, starry smooth hound, tope, poor cod, flounder, goby, butterfish, pouting, black bream, bass, plaice, common smooth hound, pollock, conger eel.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Terrybrown » 01 Dec 2019, 20:18

Well done Iain, a great report and a great result for you. :thumb: :thumb: I’m glad the Xmas meet went to plan. :gp:
Hardcore Addict

Postby rob f » 01 Dec 2019, 20:21

Thank for today Iain I enjoyed it and it was good meeting up with every one again , even though I only managed the one :fish: a 38cm whiting caught on a mackerel and squid wrap at distance.
2019-12-01-2170.jpg

And a big thanks to Ray for the Chilli , much appreciated :thumb:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby senatorkenny » 01 Dec 2019, 20:37

Thank for a great day fish less but enjoyed the day out :clap: :champ:
:-New list 2018/19 Dab.
Hardcore Addict

Postby TurboT » 01 Dec 2019, 20:51

Sounds like the weather was kind,though cool and the fish shy. :cold: :fish:
I guess that's why we call ourselves "addicts"
Well done Shacky :thumb: :gp:
2023 Species Hunt - Coaley, Dab, Dog, Rockling, Ting, Thornback, Bass, Flounder, Sole, Pollack, Mackerel, Shanny, Tompot ,Gurnard, Sprat, Weever, Eel, Plaice, Turbo T.
Hardcore Addict

Postby tarmacduck » 01 Dec 2019, 21:14

image.png
Thx Shacky for efforts in organising a great day the sun shine was a treat. A small dab saved my blank. It made my day to meet young Charlie his enthusiasm and gratitude along with such good manners is rare these days his parents should be proud.
Everything is OK
Hardcore Addict

Postby Shane ousby » 01 Dec 2019, 21:14

Well done shacky for a top report and organisation of your competition :clap: :clap: :champ: and great photos to guide us through your fishing :thumb: well done mate :victory: :gp:
Tommorow is promised to no one...we plan...GOD laughs.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Willpower » 01 Dec 2019, 21:38

You got a few Iain and many thanks for organising the meet.
Hardcore Addict

Next

Return to North West Sea Fishing Reports