It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 07:21

AFAW six and BAIT

Tried something new? Or had a product that has stood the test of time?? Why not write a review to help other with future purchases!!

AFAW six and BAIT

Postby codless » 23 Nov 2015, 11:44

Well eventually got to try my new AFAW six and I must say a big thank you to Sam at Gerry's not only for the good deal but for the great advice helping me to choose a replacement for my winter Greys GRXS which has always served me well in roughish tides with good stability and bite detection. There is lots of good things said about these rods but I am a cynical type and assume that the people who write the reviews work for the manufacturers, shop or are getting free samples so I usually take them with a pinch of salt, however I have to say if you are looking for a GOOD all ground mid priced rod you will be hard pressed to find better than the Any Fish Any Where six and Bait it casts brilliant with excellent bite detection ( I can state this because on my first outing I caught a Whiting with it) and it held up very well in the tide and winds. It has a good strong feeling action when casting with a stiffish but very thin tip.
All in all a great purchase which hopefully will prove the test of time as my Greys have done previously.
Hope this helps anyone looking to buy a good priced all rounder
Tight lines Billy
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: AFAW six and BAIT

Postby grumpyppops1 » 23 Nov 2015, 13:49

codless wrote:Well eventually got to try my new AFAW six and I must say a big thank you to Sam at Gerry's not only for the good deal but for the great advice helping me to choose a replacement for my winter Greys GRXS which has always served me well in roughish tides with good stability and bite detection. There is lots of good things said about these rods but I am a cynical type and assume that the people who write the reviews work for the manufacturers, shop or are getting free samples so I usually take them with a pinch of salt, however I have to say if you are looking for a GOOD all ground mid priced rod you will be hard pressed to find better than the Any Fish Any Where six and Bait it casts brilliant with excellent bite detection ( I can state this because on my first outing I caught a Whiting with it) and it held up very well in the tide and winds. It has a good strong feeling action when casting with a stiffish but very thin tip.
All in all a great purchase which hopefully will prove the test of time as my Greys have done previously.
Hope this helps anyone looking to buy a good priced all rounder
Tight lines Billy
got a pair of them .great value and performance
Hardcore Addict

Location: Bolton,the town without a sea(but very expensive trains)

Postby grandadruss » 23 Nov 2015, 18:08

Good review Billy,glad you like the new rod and bravo on christening it :D
Must add that whenever I've visited Gerrys I've had excellent service and equally excellent advice from all the guys in there,so bravo to them as well :thumb:
Species hunt 2016 Saltwater -
Species hunt 2016 Freshwater-Perch-Roach-Bream-Common Carp-Tench-Rudd-Gudgeon
King of Rossall

Postby skatenchips » 23 Nov 2015, 20:45

can't deny mate,crackin rods,had a pair quite a few moons ago now but really enjoyed using them
at the time.
Lovely action .........

Enjoy mate.

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Postby Jimsta » 23 Nov 2015, 21:24

Great choice mate had mine since last winter and recently purchased the Tournament Match fantastic rods :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Return to Fishing Tackle Reviews