It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 04:28

A fish at last

SouthWest Sea Fishing Forum - Covering Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and the Bristol Channel - Torquay, Plymouth, Falmouth, Penzance, Newquay

A fish at last

Postby pros » 25 Jun 2014, 20:34

After my almost fishless trip to Cornwall I have just managed to break my duck in Devon.
I have been fishing Berry head, the locals assure me there are thornback about. With 100 feet depth and strong tide run this place is a real challenge. 4sessions and many lost rigs resulted in blank.Image

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

This is the road down.Image
This is one of the various ledges, what you can't see is that all the ledges are covered with about 4feet of rubbish.
I have admitted defeat for now and opted to fish the local harbour breakwater, float fished ragworm and bingoImage
A decent wrasse, it was almost a bite every cast but difficult to hit, subsequently proved to be 3 inch wrasse.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: A fish at last

Postby pros » 25 Jun 2014, 20:39

Sorry the post is a bit of a jumble, but I am working on it, at least I got pictures in this one.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Pugsie » 25 Jun 2014, 20:42

Nice wrasse mate well done cheers for report [emoji106]
Captain Pugwash

Postby sharpey » 25 Jun 2014, 20:46

Well done pal, those ledges look awesome..!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Postby Rushy » 25 Jun 2014, 20:49

I went to Cornwall for over 10yrs and I always found it a tough place to find the fish apart from Mackerel, wrasse & pollack. I was always after a bass or a ray too.....and I invariably blanked! :doh: local knowledge is king down there I think, it's tough just going for a few days and trying to fit a few sessions in around the family hols,

Good effort :gp:
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Return to South West Sea Fishing Reports