It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 08:59

2nd Yorkshire region qualifier 12th october

North East Sea fishing forum - Fishing reports Covering Yorkshire , Tyne & Wear, Durham, Cleveland and Northumberland - South Shields Amble Tynemouth Scarborough Filey Grimsby Whitby Bridlington

2nd Yorkshire region qualifier 12th october

Postby pikeman » 13 Oct 2019, 21:00

Folks,

I fished the 2nd Yorkshire region qualifier at Hornsea north beach on the 12th.
The same 4 anglers turned up to fish on what could have been a summers day, flat calm sea, slight breeze from south west and non of the dreaded red weed that can plague this coast.
I faired a little better than the first match by winning this one with a mixed bag of whiting, dabs and 2 thornback rays of 46 and 45 cms across the wings for a total of 418cms, my mate was second with 411cms and he had 2 doggies and 2 thornback rays 45 and 36 cms across the wings, the first match winner was 3rd.
Baits used were black lug tipped with squid or mackerel, thornies all took lug and squid.
Our final match is on the 14th December at Bridlington north beach, so all to fish for to see who can be regional champion.

Pikeman
Almost an Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: 2nd Yorkshire region qualifier 12th october

Postby rob f » 13 Oct 2019, 22:02

well done on the win pikeman :clap: :clap: :clap: :champ:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Re: 2nd Yorkshire region qualifier 12th october

Postby pikeman » 13 Oct 2019, 22:32

Thanks Rob f.

Got to qualify the finals at otterspool next year.

Back in God's county
Almost an Addict

Return to North East Sea Fishing Reports