It is currently 19 Apr 2021, 07:00

2021 Species Hunt Rules

2021 Species Hunt Rules

Postby rugbydanny99 » 03 Apr 2021, 09:53

Hi everybody please find below the rules for this years hunt.

NUMBER 1

Please print off your species hunt card which i added to a post last month and issued, if anyone can't find the hunt card i previously posted please message me and i will send it over to you.

write your site username on it and please wait for your unique hunt participant number which i will issue on 13th april.

NUMBER 2

when you catch a species please photograph your fish clearly with your species hunt card making sure the picture is clear and your name and number are also shown clearly.

post your pictures in the species hunt saltwater hunt location on the competitions part of the forum.

when uploading your species please add it to the site in the steps below:

create a new topic (first species only)
headline will read your username, 2021 species hunt, then the number of species you have caught.

each time you catch a new species please edit your original post, add the new species and edit the number on the headline of the topic. DO NOT CREATE A NEW TOPIC FOR EVERY SPECIES YOU CATCH.

one thing i must stress this year as there are more participants than previous years, to make it easier for me i will only be accepting species that have been submitted in this way as i will not be trawling through a million posts as i will be sure to miss one and we don't want that do we!

keeping it in the format as shown above makes it not only easier for me but easier for the other guys browsing this part of the forum.

also added to each picture must be the date caught the species name and the geographical location of the catch. please look at my species hunt thread from last year if anyone is unsure what i mean.

NUMBER 3

The geographical boundary's for this years hunt are from river esk/port carlisle in the north down to river Dee/Mostyn dock in the south.

Any fish caught outside these boundary's will not be added to the hunt.

NUMBER 4

Hopefully we will see some unusual rarer species this year and if you are lucky enough to catch one of these please get very clear pictures of the fish and try and take some pictures of the surrounding environment to maintain integrity of the catch.

NUMBER 5

gobies will all be classed under one species

NUMBER 6

smoothounds will have two additions in the hunt table a STARRY SMOOTHOUND and a COMMON SMOOTHOUND

NUMBER 7

the competition will run from 13th April to midnight on 31st December 2021

NUMBER 8

shore caught fish only and no fish to be added from areas where it is not accessible or allowed to the general public to fish.

NUMBER 9

wallasey dock area (duke street) even though this area is under redevelopment and the prime area for fishing is inaccessible there is still plenty of fishable areas open to everybody so the wallasey dock area will still be eligible to fish for species for the hunt.

NUMBER 10

if anybody has any issues please do not hesitate to PM me and i will reply as soon as i can

NUMBER 11

this is the most important rule, please stay safe and i wish you all the best of luck for this years hunt and i am really looking forward to seeing some surprises this year!
2020 SPECIES HUNT
whiting, cod, dab, thornback ray, 5 beard rockling, dogfish, starry smooth hound, tope, poor cod, flounder, goby, butterfish, pouting, black bream, bass, plaice, common smooth hound, pollock, conger eel.
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: 2021 Species Hunt Rules

Postby rob f » 03 Apr 2021, 10:35

Nice one Danny . Been looking forward to the hunt starting and get some normality back in our lives :thumb:
2021 SPECIES HUNT
5 bearded rockling, Plaice,
mersey maestro

Postby ray » 03 Apr 2021, 11:00

let the games commence :box:
2021 species....long-spined sea scorpion.
Hardcore Addict

Postby barnsey » 03 Apr 2021, 14:23

:cheer: let the :fishing: begin :thumb:
Trainee Addict

Postby JoeRoberts » 03 Apr 2021, 21:08

Good one Danny :thumb:
Hardcore Addict

Postby pros » 04 Apr 2021, 08:11

I don't fish in the north west at the moment so cannot take part, but thanks for all your time and effort Danny the competition is a very interesting addition to the forum.
Hardcore Addict

Postby rugbydanny99 » 04 Apr 2021, 08:57

pros wrote:I don't fish in the north west at the moment so cannot take part, but thanks for all your time and effort Danny the competition is a very interesting addition to the forum.

no problem mate thanks for your message
2020 SPECIES HUNT
whiting, cod, dab, thornback ray, 5 beard rockling, dogfish, starry smooth hound, tope, poor cod, flounder, goby, butterfish, pouting, black bream, bass, plaice, common smooth hound, pollock, conger eel.
Hardcore Addict

Postby Ian Conway » 04 Apr 2021, 19:35

Nice one Danny ,
Trainee Addict

Return to Saltwater Species Hunt