We have some exciting news from Gerrys of Morecambe as we are proud to welcome Read more →
This year we are running a big open rover match around the Morecambe Bay area. You can basically fish anywhere you want within a 6 hour time limit and is for the single longest fish in each category.
It will be on the 7th September when the Bay produces it best fish and the tide is at 13:19 and 9.45M
There will be 3 categories in a longest fish match and it will be catch and release only. For more info please read the rules below.
The 3 categories are –
Longest Flatfish. Prizes 1st – 5th (No Rays, these are under the Shark category)
Longest Round Fish. Prizes 1st – 5th (No common, European eel but Congers are accepted)
Longest Shark. Prizes 1st – 3rd (Any Shark speices e.g. Dogfish, Buss Huss, Tope, Rays etc)
The maximum prize money on offer to any 1 entrant will be around £1000 but is depenant on numbers.
Penn points available.
We are hoping for a good turn out and good luck to all who enter.
Please read the following rules –
YOU WILL REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING TO TAKE PART –
• A DIGITAL CAMERA WITH TIME/DATE FUNCTION AND A REMOVEABLE MEMORY CARD. SD OR MICRO SD MEMORY CARDS ARE PREFFERED
•A SAMF REGISTERED FISH MEASURE.
• GOOD TIME KEEPING. IF YOU RUN OVER YOUR 6 HOUR TIME LIMIT YOU WILL BE DISQULIFIED
• Shore only. No coarse or game fish including Salmon, Trout & European eel.
• Entry is £15 per person
• Longest flat fish. Prizes 1st – 5th No species exceptions. Please note, All Rays are Sharks and are not accepted in this category but will be accepted in the Longest Shark category.
• Longest round fish prizes. 1st – 5th Congers are accepted
• Longest shark. Prizes 1st – 3rd. This includes any member of the Shark family. E.g. Dogfish, Bull huss, Tope, Smoothound.
• 6 hour match.
• Booking in at the start and end of the match is at Gerrys of Morecambe.
• Booking in is from 9AM. Once booked in your 6 hour time limited has started. You have to be back and checked in within the 6 hours or you are disqualified. Your return time will be given to you when you check in. IF YOU ARE LATE BACK YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
• Latest finish time is 4PM regardless if you start After 10AM so don’t be late.
• Please come as early as possible to check in. We will have a lot of people to get through.
• CATCH AND RELEASE ONLY. All fish need to be photographed with –
– the date and time on the camera. (digital camera required)
– The picture needs to be taken in good light and in focus
– On a SAMF registered measure
– With your Match Card in the picture and in focus. (this will be provided when you check in)
• ANY PICTURES DEEMED UNSATISFACTORY OR ALTERED WILL BE DISQUALIFIED NO EXCEPTIONS
• Distance. There are no set distances you can travel to. You can travel as far as you want to but if you’re not back by 4PM you will be disqualified.
(please note. Fishing behind Heysham power station is now a criminal offence. No fish taken from this area will be accepted)
• Penn points available. This is dependent on how many people turn up and will be split evenly across the 3 categories.
• Any bait is permitted
• 1 rod only
• Prizes and prize money. It is dependent on how many people turn up but we expect the maximum available to 1 winner will be around £1000. Please note, not all prizes will be monetary and some will be fishing tackle.
• ENTRY FEE IS NON REFUNDABLE
• GERRYS OF MORECAMBE RESERVED THE RIGHT TO AMMEND ALL DETAILS PRIOR TO THE MATCH. ALL FINAL RULES WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU ON CHECK IN. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN A DISCLAIMER ON CHECK IN
You can confirm you participation to the event by 3 different way –
1. Via Facbook and joining our event Click Here
2. Email email@example.com with your name and contact number
3. Call Gerrys on 01524 422146 and ask for Sam or Chris
4. Pop in and speak to Sam or Chris